Single visit porcelain crowns and onlays
In today’s world, few of us have the time to visit the dentist for multiple appointments in order to receive dental treatment. At the same time, sitting for hours in a dental chair is not ideal either. One solution to this is called CEREC, a state-of-the-art machine that can make permanent crowns, veneers or onlays for you while you are still in the chair.
Here is how it works:
- The dentist will prepare your tooth.
- A special camera is then used to take an image of your teeth which is then uploaded to the design unit.
- This image is uploaded to a CAD/CAM unit, which creates a 3D model of your new tooth.
- The model is used by a milling machine, which creates your new tooth from a block of high quality ceramic that best matches your surrounding teeth.
- The restoration is then fixed into place.
- Extremely accurate and beautiful natural-looking restoration that blends in well with your surrounding teeth.
- No gooey impression material needed to make a mould
- Quick and convenient solution that means you don’t need an extra visit to the practice, have to wear a temporary fitting for a few weeks or get anaesthesia twice!